Are you interested in studying in China? This may just be your opportunity to get a shot at your dreams. The Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship offers you an excellent opportunity to study in one of the country’s most amazing cities. This fully funded study in China scholarship is available to international students who wish to study at East China Normal University. Here’s your guide to the Shanghai Government Scholarship.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
The Shanghai Government Scholarship is open to non-Chinese citizens who wish to pursue undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral level at East China Normal University. To be eligible, you must:
- be in good health.
- have a high school diploma (for pre-college, bachelor’s, and master’s programs) or a master’s degree (for doctoral programs).
- not be older than 23 years for pre-college programs, 25 years for bachelor’s programs, 35 years for master’s programs, and 40 years for doctoral programs.
- not have won any scholarship offered by other organizations.
What does the scholarship cover?
The Shanghai Government Scholarship provides two types of scholarships:
- Type A (Full scholarship): This scholarship covers tuition fees, on-campus accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance, and a monthly living expense. The living expenses varies from CNY2500 for undergraduate programs to CNY3500 for doctoral programs.
- Type B (Partial scholarship): This scholarship covers only tuition fees and comprehensive medical insurance.
How to apply for the scholarship?
To apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Choose your program: Select the programme you wish to pursue at East China Normal University. You will need the ‘translate’ feature of your browser to present the text in English Language.
- Apply to the university: On the university’s online application portal, apply for the programme of your choice.
- Complete the scholarship application: Go to the Shanghai Government Scholarship application page. Read through and click either of the ‘Apply for Scholarship’ buttons at the top or bottom of the page, fill the form and submit it along with the required documents (which include your academic transcripts, passport, and other supporting documents).
- Wait for the outcome: Your scholarship application will be reviewed, and you will receive a notification of their decision.
If you have any questions or concerns about the scholarship, you can contact the Global Education Center at East China Normal University:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +86-21-62238353 / 62232013
- Fax: +86-21-62238352
- Address: Room 253, Physics Building, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai 200062, China
- Website: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/
If you’re looking for a fully funded scholarship in China, the Shanghai Government Scholarship is an excellent opportunity. With this guide, you have all the information you need to apply for this scholarship to study in China.
If China is not a desirable study destination for you and you prefer to study in Europe, consider applying to the University of Calabria Scholarship programme.